Message from Aquila Hotels & Resorts S.A.
Get ready for travel
As travel restarts and destinations recovering from the pandemic, we are looking forward to welcoming our guests again, it is quite possible that your visit during 2021 in our Aquila Hotels might look or be different to previous experiences. For example, there might be changes to food service such as buffet options; the Aquila Hotels might operate self-check-in or there may be additional health screenings at resort, there might be fewer restaurants open; as well as changes to entertainment available in resort.
Customer tips and information for going on holiday to Greece
To help you get ready for travel, here are some useful tips as you prepare for your trip. Please be sure to read the information carefully and share it with other members in your party.
In any case, please feel free to contact us for any additional information you might need.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL – DO YOUR RESEARCH
- Never travel without insurance.
- Make sure you have valid travel insurance with sufficient cover for your holiday and check that your cover includes illness, repatriation and that you are covered for any activities before participating.
- Take a copy of your travel insurance policy and the emergency assistance contact number with you.
- Leave a copy of your travel details with your next of kin or an emergency contact.
- Check the expiry date on your passport to ensure it will be valid when you plan to travel and make sure you give yourself plenty of time to renew it if necessary.
- Apply for visas in sufficient time.
- Read the health advice and check the health and vaccination requirements. If vaccinations are required speak to your doctor.
- Keep up to date with the Greek laws and public health requirements relating to your destination and consider what you will need to take with you to comply with local country requirements when you’re away, such as face coverings.
- Research your destination to understand local customs, etiquette, and dress codes and pack accordingly.
- Make sure you are aware of any local COVID-19 measures that should be followed.
- Check whether you need to quarantine on your return to your country.
- Check whether your accommodation has any specific COVID-19 measures in place that you will need to follow.
- If you have accessibility requirements discuss them with your travel provider as it may be necessary to modify certain services to comply with COVID-19 measures.
- Check with your airline or transport provider for any specific requirements for travel, for example luggage policy and changes to check-in procedures and find out whether meal services are available onboard, as you may need to make alternative arrangements.
- Plan your journey in advance, check the airport website for details of any measures they have introduced to aid a safe check-in and movement through the terminal. Airport facilities such as shops and restaurants may be closed or have a reduced capacity.
- If using terminal lounges, check they are open and operational, and what requirements may be in place. It may be necessary to book in advance.
- Pack sufficient face coverings for your trip, remember that you will need to replace face coverings regularly or wash reusable masks after each use.
- Carry a copy of your holiday booking confirmation and contact details of your travel provider in your hand luggage.
- Follow the luggage policy of your transport provider, including any weight or carriage restrictions, keep hand luggage to a minimum. Check your airline policy for what you can and cannot take on board.
- Pack a supply of face coverings and hand sanitizer in your hand luggage.
- If travelling with children, carry baby formula, nappies and items such as books or a game in your hand luggage, to keep them occupied.
- Keep a copy of the ID pages of your passport somewhere safe throughout your holiday.
- On arrival, cash might not be accepted. Some outlets will ask for card payments only, so speak to your card provider before you go to make sure your cards are set up to be used abroad and, wherever possible, are contactless.
- Ensure you have the correct documents for travel eg medical certificate, visa.
DURING TRAVEL – FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE
TRAVEL TO THE AIRPORT/TRAIN STATION/PORT
- Plan your route in advance and if using public transport or private transfers, check their policy regarding social distancing and face coverings.
- Allow sufficient time to get to the terminal building.
- If self-driving, check what the COVID-19 management procedures are for parking and travelling to the terminals.
- Arrive early as everything will take a little longer.
- Social distancing measures could mean that it takes longer to get through security and immigration checks so leave plenty of time.
- Some airlines and transport providers have increased the check-in time, but boarding gates may close earlier.
- Observe terminal rules including social distancing measures such as floor markings and directions of flow when moving around the building.
- Follow security instructions and social distancing requirements in queues.
- Observe strict hygiene measures such as handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer.
- Face coverings should be worn throughout your travel journey, only removing them if asked to do so by airport staff.
Make sure to follow the advice of the Greek and public health authority in destination.
Measures in place are designed to keep you and the local people safe.
Speak to your travel provider or accommodation staff if you are unsure of any of the local
requirements or measures you may need to follow.
For example, there may be changes to:
- Reception and concierge services.
- Dining room and meal plan arrangements.
- Use of pool, beach and leisure facilities.
- Entertainment and animation programs.
- Childcare, children’s clubs and babysitting services.
- Housekeeping and cleaning regimes.
- Medical services
- Social distancing and face covering requirements.
- Accommodation and transportation providers will have enhanced cleaning regimes, and illness and hygiene monitoring procedures in place which should be followed.
- If you or any of your party feel unwell at any time during your stay, notify your travel provider and accommodation staff. Follow any advice provided to you, this may include self-isolation, seeing a doctor and having meals delivered to your room.
- If during your visit you are contacted by the NHS test and trace service, you should follow their advice and advise your accommodation provider, travel provider and insurance company.
- Follow any local requirements such as wearing face coverings and social distancing rules when using public transport, visiting local attractions or shops and visiting hospitality venues such as pubs, bars and restaurants.
- Discard of disposable face coverings and other non-reusable products safely after use.
- Allow sufficient time to get to the airport/port/station.
- Plan your route in advance and if using public transport or private transfers check their policy regarding social distancing and face coverings.
- If you have a hire car, check with the company concerned for any special requirements regarding returning the vehicle.
- Arrive early as everything might take a little longer.
- Social distancing measures could mean that it takes longer to get through security and immigration checks so allow plenty of time.
- Observe terminal rules including social distancing measures and floor markings and directions of flow when moving around the building.
- Follow security instructions and social distance requirements in queues.
- Observe strict hygiene measures such as handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer.
- If using terminal lounges, check they are open and operational, and what requirements may be in place.
- Follow local rules regarding face coverings throughout your travel journey.
ON ARRIVAL BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY
- If you feel unwell, contact your doctor and advise of your travel history, and follow any advice given.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, notify your tour operator or travel provider.
Last update 27/03/2021
Opening dates of Aquila Hotels & Resorts
- AQUILA ELOUNDA VILLAGE 13/05/2021
- AQUILA PORTO RETHYMNO 04/06/2021
- AQUILA RITHYMNA BEACH 13/05/2021
- AQUILA ATLANTIS hotel is in operation
In recent months, COVID-19 has impacted our lives in ways we could have never anticipated. Never before in our lifetime could we have predicted a crisis that would bring ordinary activity to a halt around the world.
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we look ahead; we envision and hope for a brighter, freer future. Driven by a passion for delighting the people we serve, we never stop striving to enhance our guests’ experience.
We continue to remain vigilant and follow the recommended procedures and protocols of both national and local authorities. We set the safety of our guests and our team as our top priority and ensure you that all precautionary measures, deemed necessary, are taken.
We are here to help you & keep the Summer Dream alive!
We continually offer flexibility and planning comfort by updating our cancellation policy to reflect the most recent developments for more convenient & flexible travel.
For active or future reservations for season 2021
· Directly reserved with Aquila Hotels & Resorts or through an Online Travel Agent
For Semi Flexible rates the following apply:
- You may cancel your reservation with no penalty up to 10 days prior to arrival
- You can modify your reservation to a later date within 2021 or until 31/10/2022 (for the Atlantis city hotel: 31/12/2021), up to 10 days prior to arrival with no penalty. Deposits will be transferred to your new reservation. Modified reservations falling into pricing periods the same as the original reservation will retain the initial price. Modified reservations falling into pricing periods higher than the original reservation will be charged with the price difference. Modified reservations falling into pricing periods lower than the original reservation will benefit from the price difference.
For Fully Flexible rates the following apply:
- You may cancel your reservation with no penalty up to 2 days prior to arrival (for the Atlantis city hotel: up to 1 day prior to arrival).
- You can modify your reservation to a later date within 2021 or until 31/10/2022 (for the Atlantis city hotel: 31/12/2021), up to 2 days prior to arrival with no penalty. Deposits will be transferred to your new reservation. Modified reservations falling into pricing periods the same as the original reservation will retain the initial price. Modified reservations falling into pricing periods higher than the original reservation will be charged with the price difference. Modified reservations falling into pricing periods lower than the original reservation will benefit from the price difference.
For Non-Refundable rates the following apply
- You may cancel your reservation with no refund.
- Since we continuously try to be of assistance, we continue to offer free modification of non-refundable reservations. Reservations can be modified to a later date within 2021 or until 31/10/2022 (for the Atlantis city hotel: 31/12/2021), with no penalty. Deposits will be transferred to your new reservation. Modified reservations falling into pricing periods the same as the original reservation will retain the initial price. Modified reservations falling into pricing periods higher than the original reservation will be charged with the price difference. Modified reservations falling into pricing periods lower than the original reservation will benefit from the price difference.
· For reservations through a travel provider (Tour Operator, Travel Agent) please, contact them directly.
It is you, our valued guests, who inspire us to continuously innovate and deliver the unique, exceptional experience that we do.
Our aim is to offer you as much flexibility and planning comfort, as possible.
We are all at your disposal on: [email protected]
Aquila Atlantis City Hotel: [email protected]
Stay Safe, be patient &..Dream!
Best of the Best Loyalty Club Additional rewards
Starting on 2021, our valuable Member guests are able to redeem stars for free meals, beverages, cocktails, overnights or even SPA treatments at the lavish Aquila Hotels chain experiencing at the same time several additional benefits!
Visit the following link to discover the NEW WAYS to redeem your membership stars: https://bbclub.aquilahotels.com/
We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Aquila hotels soon!
Your Health, Safety, and Well-Being
AQUILA Hotels & Resorts has created updated guidelines & checklists, that serve to guide operations in the hotels, during the season of 2021. The key elements of the guidance revolve around social distancing, cleaning and hygiene practices. The guidance offered is based on current best practices taken from the World Health Organization, the European Centre of Disease Control, and Greek legislation.
All Aquila Hotels have been certified by TUV-Austria with CoVid Shield certification scheme.
The certification scheme TÜV AUSTRIA CoVid Shield includes the action plan to face pandemic challenges, the most modern requirements for the training and awareness of our personnel, the fulfilment of a fully operational suitable infrastructure and equipment for the pandemic and a complete system of procedures and mechanisms in order to offer to all our guests a unique experience of relaxation and safety.
a) During winter period closure: to ensure the facility is being well maintained.
b) Pre-opening period: to ensure our operating procedures and systems are updated accordingly.
c) Re-opening property: to develop and implement new infection control arrangements in place.
d) Post-crisis continuation: for on-going verification of standards and certification.
Last updated 08-Apr-2021 10:00 GMT+2
AQUILA Partnerships and Alliances with Health Centers and Providers.
TÜV AUSTRIA CoVid Shield
TÜV AUSTRIA Group - Certificate
Diversey professional disinfectants
Covid-19 Prevention & Protection Measures
W.S.P.C. Wine Service Protocol Guidelines
MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will Aquila Hotels update its cleaning practices & procedures?
To make your stay with us safe and hygienic, Aquila Hotels work with professional disinfectants, certified according to European Standard EN14476.
We follow the procedures given to us by Diversey, a global leader in cleaning and hygiene solutions.
This makes us confident to welcome you in a secure space, in line with the recommendations of the WHO and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
Will the frequency of room cleaning be increased?
Room preparation prior to guest arrival has been adapted to Covid-19 protocols, for all in-room furnishings and surfaces with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
Guests may choose to opt-out of room cleaning services during their stay.
How often are public areas cleaned?
Public areas cleaning frequencies ensure proper hygiene according to national standards.
The regular cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces is performed with a focus on high-touch items, the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, escalator and stair handrails, bar and dining surfaces, etc.
The Diversey auditing solution helps pinpoint areas that require improvement. This can optimize cleaning practices & reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
Is there in place increased cleaning, maintenance & filter changes of air handling units?
Cleaning of air handling & maintenance is in place as per Covid-19 protocol.
SOCIAL DISTANCING – GUEST CONTACT
Will Aquila Hotels be using signage in the lobby & public areas to remind guests to maintain social distancing?
Yes, as per national guidelines.
What hygiene and safety items are being used and made available to the guests?
Within hotel premises, antiseptic, disposable face masks & gloves are available, when imposed by Covid-19 protocols, free of charge.
Are there limits on how many people can assemble in lobbies or other public areas?
In general, as per national standards, it is 1 person per 2 m. We are following the social distancing measures. Signage in public spaces will remind our guests to maintain required social distancing.
Reception: Floor markers are also placed at the reception area, so an extra level of precaution is provided, for our guests and our associates.
Restaurants: we have revised seating arrangements according to occupancy limitations to adhere to state & local, physical distancing guidelines.
Tables, seating chairs, menus & mobile payment devices will be disinfected and wiped down before and after each seating. We will continue to adjust our food service in accordance with food safety recommendations.
Room service will also continue to operate under strict measures to ensure your safety.
FOOD SAFETY – FOOD & BEVERAGE OPERATION
Will you be modifying operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets?
In-room dining: Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point system (HACCP) will apply, along with the implementation of all guidelines referring to COVID-19 protocols.
When buffet service is being provided, we implement additional hygiene precautions such as:
Social distancing, hand hygiene precautions, hand gloves, face masks, “floor marks” in front of service stations, bars, etc. to avoid queuing of guests.
Will all-inclusive service be limited?
Τhe variety and the assortment will not be limited.
However, new standards in services may apply according to national regulations.
The Aquila Premium All-Inclusive experience may look different in this new environment, but it will feel the same.
CHECK-IN – CHECK OUT
How check-in & check out will be conducted?
We have invested in new technologies in order to offer you an upgraded and safe experience.
Pre-check-in service will be provided to our guests, so queues and crowded stations are avoided.
A simple visit to reception to get your room key is only required.
Also, all menus of the hotel will be available to our guests' mobile devices via QR code.
Do I need to have any medical documents with me?
Please, refer to the guidelines of your country, or contact directly your travel agent.
Club’s facilities & services will be offered?
Our kid’s club staff has been well trained according to COVID -19 Health and Safety protocols, whereas we have also adjusted the programs offered in order kids between 3-12 years old to have an enjoyable time, always having their safety as our main priority.
BEACH & POOL FACILITIES
Sunbeds & Umbrellas, will be available to guests?
Ample space for sunbeds & umbrellas is provided by the pools & the beach in accordance with national standards practicing social distancing.
- The use of the sauna and the indoor swimming pool is according to Greek Covid-19 protocols prohibited until further notice
How frequent is the cleaning and disinfection of the pools?
The frequency of cleaning and disinfection of our pools will be increased.
All pool personnel will practice safe social distance policies and be vigilant of all guests, maintaining a safe distance apart from each other.
Sunbeds will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
Please note that there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas.
What kind of help/support can be expected from the hotel if a guest is ill due to COVID – 19?
What is the procedure in such case?
We cooperate with Covid-19 certified doctors who are available 24/7.
The hotel will bring guest in contact with a covid-19 certified medical doctor and notify proper authorities.
Is it possible to perform a rapid test or PCR test at your hotel?
AQUILA Hotels & Resorts provides approved onsite PCR or rapid tests upon request. Cost applies and varies on the type of test and destination.
The cost of the test depends on the type of test applied and the destination:
From 20,00 € to 30,00 € for rapid test
From 70,00 € to 130,00 € for PCR test
How long will it take to receive the results, after performing rapid test or PCR test?
Rapid test: 15΄ minutes
PCR test: up to 24 hours
Have health and safety training measures been put in place for all employees?
All Aquila Hotels employees have been efficiently trained and certified, according to national standards and Covid-19 protocols.
Is the Aquila Hotel and Administration staff vaccinated against covid-19?
The staff of Aquila Hotels & Resorts (front & back of the house personnel), are scheduled to receive an appointment for Covid-19 vaccination following the governmental directives that all employees in tourism sector are eligible to get vaccinated for this season.
Already a number of our staff has been vaccinated and others have an appointment scheduled prior to start working.
We commit that our staff will receive regularly tests so that we can ensure a 100% “safe and healthy together” environment for all: guests, staff & associates.
Stopping a pandemic requires using all the tools we have available.
Vaccination & the immunity produced by a vaccine are important parts of COVID-19 disease & will help reduce spread of the disease.
We strongly encourage each and every person who is eligible to get vaccinated.
By getting the shot, we not only protect ourselves but we also do our part to protect our family & our coworkers in order to end this pandemic for us all.
SERVICES/FACILITIES NOT AVAILABLE
Are there any services & facilities that will not be available?
The Aquila experience may look different in this new environment, but it will feel the same. Ultimately, it will still be our people delivering the same attention to detail, intuitive service, and personalized care for which our brand is known and trusted.
Modifications in services, in order to fully comply with the national hygienic guidelines, may apply.
Are any restrictions in place for guests?
We expect our guests to maintain social distance, follow good respiratory hygiene, wash and sanitize their hands frequently.
If you require any clarification or further information, please contact us at: [email protected]
Please note that this information is valid until further notice and may be updated
Last updated 13-Aug-2021 06:00 GMT+2;